Enjoy a collaborative experience combining the power of Zoom conferencing along with the Docket meeting workspace by launching your Zoom video call straight from Docket.
How to add a Zoom Video Conference Call to a Docket meeting
To add a Zoom video conference to your Docket meeting, simply schedule the call in Zoom or go to your work calendar and use the option to Make It a Zoom Meeting.
Don't have a Zoom account? Go to https://zoom.us/ and sign up for a free account.
How to run or attend a Zoom Video Call in a Docket meeting
After you have a meeting scheduled with a Zoom video conference, follow these steps to run or attend your meeting using Zoom in Docket.
- Go to your Docket meeting.
- Click the blue Zoom video icon to the right of the meeting title.
- Select the option to Join From Docket.
- The Zoom meeting will launch.
Participate in your meeting through Zoom as you normally would such as turning on your camera and sharing your Docket screen so your meeting guests can follow along with you in the agenda and notes.
Using the Docket + Zoom Overlay
The Join From Docket view enables meeting attendees to see the Zoom video display in addition to the Docket agenda overlay on top of the video so you can visually connect with guests while viewing the agenda, opening and viewing resources, and taking notes. Use additional Zoom features such as Chat and Screen Share as well.
The components of the Docket meeting overlay include the following:
The header contains the meeting title, date, and time of the meeting so you can be sure you are in the right place.
The meeting goal displays at all times to remind guests of the purpose of the meeting to keep everyone on topic.
*Assumes a goal was added to the Docket agenda.
A timer displays in the upper right corner of the meeting header. This timer counts down how much time is left in the meeting to help remind all attendees throughout the session.
- The moment the meeting is supposed to start, the timer automatically starts counting down. For example, if the meeting is scheduled at 8:00 am, regardless of whether anyone is in the meeting Docket will start the countdown. This is a great feature to help guests take meeting start times seriously.
- If the meeting is 30 minutes long, the timer will start at 30:00.
- If the meeting is 60 minutes long, the timer will start at 1:00:00.
- If you arrive 2 minutes early to a 30 minute meeting, the timer will show 30:00 and will be gray.
- If you arrive 3 minutes late to a 30 minute meeting, the timer will show 27:00 and will be black.
- If the meeting is over, the timer will show 00:00 and will be gray.
The time does not count into negative time. It is best practice to end a meeting on time so it is up to you and your guests as to whether you continue the discussion or conclude your meeting.
The agenda, created in Docket, will display on the left side of the screen. When you are not hovering over the agenda, the agenda will show a series of lines depending on how many items are on the agenda. For example, if there are 3 agenda items, there will be three lines.
When you hover over the agenda lines, they will expose the actual agenda text so you can see what is on the agenda for your Docket meeting.
*Assumes an agenda was added to this meeting in Docket.
Clicking an agenda item on the left will pop open the Docket Notepad on the right.
Take notes, review attachments, and assign tasks and due dates all within the Notepad while viewing the Zoom meeting.
Toggle between agenda sections on the left to pop out the applicable Notepad.
Use the "x" in the upper left corner of the Notepad to close it it when you want to focus on the video and are not currently taking any notes.
If an agenda was not created for the meeting in Docket, you can still use the General Notes section on the left of the screen to select and pop out the General notepad on the right.
The footer contains the standard Zoom video controls, enabling you to:
- Mute your microphone.
- Stop or start your video camera.
- Invite others to the call.
- View participants currently signed into the meeting.
- Chat with participants in the meeting.
- Share your screen.
- Use the Leave Meeting action to leave the meeting. This will return you back to your main Docket screen so you can finish your notes or go to your next Docket meeting.
Questions about Zoom + Docket
What if the Zoom video icon in my Docket meeting is gray and not clickable?
This indicates there is currently no Zoom meeting scheduled for this meeting. If a Zoom meeting is was added recently, refresh your Docket screen until the icon appears bold and blue and is clickable.
What is the difference between the options to Join from Docket and Join from Zoom?
- Join from Docket enables the meeting attendee to view both the Zoom video call with the Docket Overlay.
- Join from Zoom gives you direct access to Zoom from Docket instead of having to separately log into Zoom through your calendar but does not display the Docket agenda and notes overlay.
What if I join the Zoom call using the option to Join from Docket but I do not see an agenda or notes?
The agenda may be collapsed. If you see lines on the left side of the screen, hover over the lines to reveal the agenda.
Why do I get the message, "Zoom meeting hasn't started yet" when I am the host of the meeting?
Check the meeting settings to see if Join Before Host is enabled (checked) and Waiting Room is disabled (unchecked). In your Zoom profile settings for all meetings, go to:
- Schedule Meeting
- The Waiting Room option is located at the top of the settings page
- About 4 options from the top you will find Join before host
While the settings above are for all meetings, you can also look at the individual meeting on your Zoom settings page under Meetings. Open the meeting you are trying to access and towards both the middle and the bottom of the page, there is a meeting-specific option for Waiting Room and Join before host. If these are not unchecked and checked respectively, edit the meeting and save.
Finally, you will want to refresh your Docket browser tab if you make either of these changes to your Zoom meeting so that Docket has the latest Zoom information.
Having trouble setting up your Zoom integration for Docket? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the chat button in the lower right corner of the screen. You can also refer to the Zoom Help Center for answers to common Zoom meeting questions.
Support is available to all customers Monday through Friday 9 am - 5 pm ET. Target response times for our customers include within 3 hours for Business or a business day for Pro. All other inquiries will receive a response as quickly as possible.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Get in touch at