There are so many ways you can use Docket but if you want the quick version, follow these steps to a happy meeting!
We'll quickly cover these top Docket features including:
- Create a New Meeting
- Create a Docket Agenda
- Share a Docket Agenda
- Take Docket Notes
- Share a Docket Recap
Create a New Meeting
Meetings can come from your calendar or they can start directly in Docket and sync to your calendar.
- Click on +New Meeting on the event panel on the left side of your Docket workspace.
- Complete the fields for title, date, time, and attendees.
- Optional: Sync your Google or Microsoft calendar if you did not do this at signup.
- Save. The meeting is now in Docket and saved to your Calendar if you have this synced to Docket. In addition, if you invited any attendees, this will also be shared to their calendars and an invite sent to them through your calendar provider.
Create a Docket Agenda
Create a Docket agenda to decide what should be discussed during the meeting.
- Select an event from the event panel on the left side of your Docket workspace or follow the steps above to Create a New Meeting.
- Once selected, the event information (title, date, time, etc.) will show on the right.
- Set a goal or meeting purpose under the title so your guests will know the reason for the meeting.
- On the Agenda tab, create your agenda adding as many items as needed.
- Add attachments or resources as desired for pre-reads or tools for the meeting.
More to know on Docket Agendas including:
Share a Docket Agenda
Share a Docket agenda to inform guests of what is expected during the meeting.
- Click Share Agenda on the right.
- When the Share modal opens, all meeting guests will be selected automatically to receive the agenda. If you wish to remove anyone from the recipient list, click on their avatar/initial to de-select them.
- Enter a personalized message or accept the defaulted message your guests will receive with the agenda.
- Scroll to review the agenda one last time.
- Click Send to send the agenda message.
More to know about sharing Docket agendas including:
Take Docket Notes
Take Docket notes at any time before, during, or after a meeting to capture discussion, decisions, actions, and tasks.
- Click on the Notes tab in your Docket meeting.
- Start taking notes, either in the agenda sections you created or in the general notes or private notes sections.
- You can assign a task by typing "@" before a name or selecting the "@" symbol to the right of each note. You can assign a due date for the task by selecting the calendar symbol in the note as well.
- Open resources as desired throughout the meeting.
More to know about Docket notes including:
Share a Docket Recap
Share a Docket recap with meeting guests to help everyone be aligned from results and decisions in the meeting.
- Click on Share Recap in the Notes tab.
- When the Share modal opens, all meeting guests will be selected automatically to receive the recap. If you wish to remove anyone from the recipient list, click on their avatar/initial to de-select them.
- Enter a personalized message or accept the defaulted message your guests will receive with the recap.
- Scroll to review the recap one last time.
- Click Send to send the recap message.
More to know about sharing Docket Recaps including: